Sunday 19 August 2007

Our Ages Add Up To 124


It is only with difficulty that I write as my hand is in a plaster cast. But it is a privilege to be accepted in your group.


Most of my family are on holiday this week. I have learned much on how to cope well using a Zimmer frame, and having to transfer say a liquid from my stove to my armchair. One of my excellent tools is my teeth.


I have a home help twice daily. She has little to do as mostly I can manage. I do my own cooking, washing and dressing. She can make a nice cup of tea, and I enjoy her company.


I had four people to lunch on Monday. We had soup, made by my daughter the previous day, with beans, onions and leeks; also a loaf of bread with butter; melon, and tea; plus great yarns. My daughter laid the table the previous day, but I washed up.


In contrast, one of my family is visiting Clyde Smith during half term holiday; he is on death row in a jail in Texas. He is allowed 2 visits per year. He is due to be put to death on 15 Feb 2006. This man is no liar, and is most likely not guilty. He is 31 years old, and has been in jail since the age of 17.


Rose Lynch 6-Nov-2005

- 1 -

No comments: